YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > YotaTech Classifieds > Vehicles - Trailers (Complete)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

1985 Toyota pickup xtra cab $1550 Mansfield, Ohio

It's time to sell my project truck. I'd like to get $1550 for it. I'm throwing parts in for free with
the sale, and I will also make some deals for other parts I have, so please read the entire description. The deals
will be at the bottom before the pictures. I would rather see it go to someone who can build it up before it falls apart (not that it's going to fall apart anytime soon). The wooden bumpers are not staying on by the way (I just had to stay legal with Ohio's bumper height laws).

It's a 1985 Toyota pickup xtra cab 4x4 on a 1985 Toyota 4Runner frame and axles. The axles are solid front and
rear. In the suspension department it has a 5 inch front spring lift, 2 inch Daystar front shackles. The rear has
replacement stock 4x4 pickup springs with 2 inch add-a-leaf and rear lift shackles. Trail Gear high steer, with 88
steering box w/ swap kit. Replaced factory rear "load leveler" with adjustable manual proportioning valve. The
front axle has diff armor plus axle truss. Rear axle has diff armor also.
Full 22RE engine from 85 with roughly 110,000 miles on it. The cluster shows a little over 208,000 right now. Just
installed 4.10s front and rear. There is a brand new custom made front drive shaft, new radiator (maybe 300 miles
at the most on it), new alternator, new starter, new brake master cylinder (4wd), new gas tank and fuel pump. Some
of the pictures show the old tank, but there is a brand new one on it now. It also had a brand new clutch,
flywheel, and pressure plate installed when the engine went in. The original builder took the bed off and built a
custom setup in the back, seen in the pictures. I was going to redo it with full tubing. For those of you who know
your Toyotas, you'll notice that the back bar is actually from a 4Runner interior. It has Aisin hubs, solid front
bumper. It also has rear brake lights and turn signals in the rear, but no reverse lights. The wiring is there, but
it was never done.
There are 31x10.50 r15 on it right now with decent tread left. The frame is in very good condition. The interior is
good. Bench seat is in nice shape as is the dash. There aren't any cracks in the dash. The carpet is good, but
shows it's age. Manual transmission (G52) shifts well. The steering wheel is from a pre-84 Toyota as you can see,
but it does match the interior. There is an aftermarket JVC headunit installed, but the wiring needs messed with.
It worked fine before the cab harness was switched out, but the wiring to the radio wasn't all hooked up. The radio
will work once that's done though. The two toggle switches in some of the pictures are not there anymore. I have a
lot of parts that I was going to install that I will throw in with the sale if the buyer wants them.

The parts I will throw in are a black steering wheel from the 85 gen trucks/4Runners, radio brackets, shifter plate
with rubber (there isn't currently anything there other than a piece of rubber), lug wrench with tool bag, heater
controls (the one in the truck works, but it is a bit stiff moving the knobs), radio bezel with a cool factory
clock (not the one in the heater controls either), column combination switch (the one on the truck works except for
the intermittent wipers), plus a few other pieces from the interior I got off of an 86 junkyard truck that had a
22RE and 4wd. I also have a center vanity mirror in tan/brown and a stock shifter knob to replace the 8 ball
shifter that is in it. I also have the interior fuse panel cover, emergency brake cable, and small side steps that
I was going to install. There might be some other parts I have that I can't remember, but I will throw whatever
else I find in with this sale.
To make this deal a bit sweeter I also have a set of stock seats in brown (from the 86 junkyard truck), a gauge
cluster with tach (shows over 300,000, but I was going to move the odometer back), and a brown center console
(front piece is broken but still works) that I will throw in if the buyer wants them. And if anyone looking at this
would be thinking about putting a bed back on it, I also have a complete (uncut) rear wiring harness for the 22RE
that I will throw in.

I also have a W56 transmission with matching transfer case (from the 86 junkyard truck) that I was going to put in myself. I will sell this if you are interested.
I have a full set of 4 36 inch TSL Super Swamper tires mounted on 15 inch aluminum wheels which I might just throw in. I also have a diesel engine from an 84 pickup with all corresponding parts (clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, wiring, stock bellhousing
to mate to a G52 or W56, everything) to throw it in and have it running (it actually came out of my truck). I will
add each of these items for a little bit more per item.
So for the truck with all the parts I was going to install I'd like to get $1550. I'll throw the
seats, tach, and center console in for free. I'll even throw the 36 inch tires and aluminum wheels in for free as they are used (but still good) so this truck can look like it's supposed to.

For the diesel engine and everything that goes with the diesel check out my other threads.
I want serious inquiries. I'm a fair seller and I want all of this stuff to go to a good home. If you just want parts then inquire. I have the 36 inch tires and diesel for sale separately on here in another listing. Everything is negotiable though.
These prices are to get this sold as a whole, not to part out. I will not part out the truck.

Here are pictures:
Click the image to open in full size.
The W56:
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Last edited by 4Nmissile; 08-18-2014 at 02:39 PM.
4Nmissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #2

Y is this truck any where near worth 3300 i wouldn't spend 1000 on it
coolfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks for your input coolfool. That's why I put in "or best offer" so anyone could shoot me an offer that they would be willing to pay. Someone may pay $2000 and others may only pay $500 for it, but regardless it's an offer. If no one takes the truck/parts for 3300 then I will lower the price. Quite simple.

Last edited by 4Nmissile; 06-24-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #4

i understand this eather way gl with the sale wish it had a oem bed lol
coolfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
Threadstarter [OP]

No biggie coolfool. I admit that I'm not too aware of the prices for these trucks on the market, but I was figuring that with all the pieces I was adding in it would be a great deal. The thing is, this is my daily driver, and a project (offroader) truck doesn't make the best daily. It's great in the winter, but during the summer the roads get a bit rough riding with the suspension on it. I've decided to lower my price as I would like to sell this as soon as possible. I have seen full beds (some with taillights and wiring) on ebay for only a few hundred dollars. I also have a full rear harness (uncut) for the 22RE configuration that I will throw in if the buyer wants it should they happen across a bed that is stripped out. I'd like to get $2200, but I'll listen to any reasonable offers.

Last edited by 4Nmissile; 06-25-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Threadstarter [OP]

truck is still for sale.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Threadstarter [OP]

bump!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #8

yota

I am interested PM sent
fahrers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #9

Any pics of the 36 swampers?
tundup93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Threadstarter [OP]

I have pictures, but the 36s are going with the truck when it sells.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #11

if you still got the diesel motor forsale let me know thanks
88sasturbotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #12

hows the cab rust wise i need a new cab for my rig and the extra parts would be bonus
stovtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
Threadstarter [OP]

Hey stovtop. The cab is pretty decent with not a lot of rust. It has some light rust around the fenders which you can see in some of the pictures. There is some at the bottom of the doors, and a bit when you open the driver's door near the windshield. It is actually in decent shape though for an 85.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #14

This truck still for sale? If so I sent a PM
dlbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #15
Threadstarter [OP]

Pm sent dlbarb
Old 07-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #16
Threadstarter [OP]

Truck is still for sale. Not a bad price for what it has, plus all the parts that go with it. Not to mention I have a diesel engine and a W56 transmission with matching transfer case too.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #17
Threadstarter [OP]

Price reduced to $1550. I need to get this sold. The truck has lots of life left in it, or just use it to part out and use what you need off of it.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #18

Got me thinking. PM sent.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
Threadstarter [OP]

Hey peabody. PM replied.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1985, 2200, 85, axels, cab, diesel, engine, forum, ohio, pick, pickup, pre, sale, sell, toyota, xtra