Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Free mig welder

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free mig welder

Go to http://www.readywelder.com/forum.htm
create and account, make 5 useful new posts and you will be entered to win a free ready welder! The drawing is December 26th and the winner will be announced December 28th. I bought one of these things used off ebay and it's awesome! That's what I used to weld my sliders, bumper, and gussets. Good luck, I hope one of us from a yota forum wins. There is a good chance, there's only like 4 users in the drawing and they are giving away 3 welders!
If you don't win and still want one PM me, I'm trying to get a GB going between all the forums.

THE READY WELDER !
"Penetrate Deeper"

* PORTABILITY: The Ready Welder, in it's case, is light enough to be hand carried.

* POWERFUL: This MIG Welder can be powered by batteries, or by AC current when connected to a welding machine as a Spool Gun. Will single pass 1/2" steel with two deep cycle batteries.

* AMPERAGE RANGE: The Ready Welder welds very thin metals using a 12 and a 6 volt battery, (18 volts) or 3/4" metal with 36 volts DC, (three 12 volt batteries) yielding from 45amps, up to 350 amps of power.

* VERSATILE: Welds steel, stainless steel, aluminum, or any weld-able metal or alloy; in addition: Use it as a Spool Gun or as a stand alone welder. Ready Welder II welds with, or without a gas tank, as with flux core electrode wire.

* ECONOMY: User friendly, quick setup time, economical to use, low purchase cost, are among the factors making it a "must have" for every tool box and trail rig.

* UNIQUENESS: The Copyrighted design and Patented Circuitry make it a unique product which fills a previously unmet need, worldwide.

* SAFETY FACTOR: After a history of nearly 10 years of operation, the Ready Welder Corporation has had no report or claim of any injury from use of the Ready Welder.

Last edited by readywelder; 12-14-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool, I have seen these in the magazines before and online.

Question, if you have dual batteries under your hood hooked together via solenoid, would you only have to connect to one battery?
Or would you still have to put the leads on both to get it to work?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
If you can make your weld with 12 volts, then you should be able to use it off the combined batteries. If you need more than 12 volts to make the weld, then you would need the two batteries in series. On my '85, I have quick disconnects on both batteries and can unplug them from those and plug in jumper cables to make up the 24 volt series connection for welding:
- http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...atteries.shtml

I found at least with stick welding, that 24 volts was pretty hard to strike an arc, might be enough for a mig of flux core welder, though.