Ok. $40 dollars of scrap later my material is home. (this includes the materials for the metal break and 2 other projects. )
Ok. as requested here are some pics of the metal break I made, and the project I was foaming at the bit to do after the metal break was done.
I just set up a photo bucket deal for the pics so as to not jam up the yotatech server...
. It should be self explanatory looking at the pics.
It worked above my expectations. In hind site I should have gone with a piano style hinge for it, but this bent a pretty serious piece of flat metal, which I used as a front skid plate. Which can be seen mounted on the front of the truck in page 2 of the album.
From birth to abortion with the skid plate mounted on the truck the total project took me ( including fabing the skid plate and mounting it, the piece I used for a skid plate was already the right size, all I had to do was bend it, drill the mounting holes, and mount it.(It was scrap some one gave me. Allready rubberized. Neat)) around 2 hours give or take 15 minutes.
I'm probably going to remove the skid plate when it gets warmer (it was snowing on me doing this project) and drill some holes in the skid plate in a matching grid pattern with the ones down the side (I dont know if you can see them) to assist with air flow.
And another improvement will be some felt, gorilla glued to the top and bottom of the securing mounts, and to the part that is hinged and bends and slides as it scratched my free rubberized metal...!!! HAHAHAHA)
Anyway fun little project.
(OH just cut and paste the photobucket link in ur browser and it'll take u to the photobucket folder. )
And I need to rig it up to work with a bottle jack, or floor jack bcause I hurt my back bending that skid plate into shape. Ugh.