YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > Tool Time
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to jimbo74
Chicago Electric Welder Help

I have a Chicago Electric Welder.. Bought it used back in the day worked great... one day the plastic handle fell apart, i rigged it and it worked... well since then, its fallen all apart and i no longer have parts of the handle... also i htink i blew a fuse inside of it... the fuse was black and not see through anymore, and hte welder stopped working even if you crossed the wires that were inside the hadnle.... the fuse part is i think Buss T1.6AL250V where can i find it and what does that part # mean? also is there a way to find a replacement handle? or does anyone have any handle that will work on it?
the welder model is easy mig 101/1 and the #36689
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
jimbo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MTL_4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimabena74
I have a Chicago Electric Welder.. Bought it used back in the day worked great... one day the plastic handle fell apart, i rigged it and it worked... well since then, its fallen all apart and i no longer have parts of the handle... also i htink i blew a fuse inside of it... the fuse was black and not see through anymore, and hte welder stopped working even if you crossed the wires that were inside the hadnle.... the fuse part is i think Buss T1.6AL250V where can i find it and what does that part # mean? also is there a way to find a replacement handle? or does anyone have any handle that will work on it?
That fuse is a 1.6 amp 250V slow blow fuse (not sure how hard those are to find).
As for the handle I would call Chicago Electric for parts or search the net.

1996 4Runner SR5 4X4 Auto

Deckplate Mod, Hayden Tranny Cooler, Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift

Best OBD II scan tool I have used!.

.....and I am AMERICAN!
MTL_4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

My experience with no name welders is I bought a hobart welder that i bought new for my shop . I had it about six mouths and needed tips for it I went to 3 local welding shop and the told me the could not get tips so i look online with no luck. I e-mailed hobart to find out that (unlike miller and lincoln) they made 3 different tips for that model not size but thread size and pitch (miller and lincoln makes only a few tips for all there welders) and i had to know which one i had they said i need to go to a shop to have them look at it and order the right one for my gun so i want back to the 3 shops and got the same answer after 3 days of going back and fourth with hobart and the shops i found out that my tips where no longer available. I was mad I had a welder that was six months old that i could not use hobart told me for 350.00 the could upgrade my welder with a new gun I only payed 489.00 with shipping. I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THAT WELDER GOOD LUCK..
lunatic14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

hobart is not a no name welder, people are buying them left and right!!! i bought one over lincoln and miller. it is made by millers parent company!! what model did you have?

2000 yamaha superjet setup for freestyle, cause thats just how i roll!
Jared Ajlouny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to phorunninduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic14r
My experience with no name welders is I bought a hobart welder that i bought new for my shop . I had it about six mouths and needed tips for it I went to 3 local welding shop and the told me the could not get tips so i look online with no luck. I e-mailed hobart to find out that (unlike miller and lincoln) they made 3 different tips for that model not size but thread size and pitch (miller and lincoln makes only a few tips for all there welders) and i had to know which one i had they said i need to go to a shop to have them look at it and order the right one for my gun so i want back to the 3 shops and got the same answer after 3 days of going back and fourth with hobart and the shops i found out that my tips where no longer available. I was mad I had a welder that was six months old that i could not use hobart told me for 350.00 the could upgrade my welder with a new gun I only payed 489.00 with shipping. I HOPE YOU DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THAT WELDER GOOD LUCK..
Hobart is made by Miller and uses the same parts.
phorunninduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimabena74
Here's a listing for the fuse:
http://www.fuseone.com/search.asp?search=T1.6AL250V

Assuming the CE welder came from Harbor Freight, they are usually very good with replacement parts. Call them up and give it a shot. Helps to look up the [p/n in the manual, either printed or the PDF version on-line.
Project: 4Crawler
4Crawler OffRoad - YotaTech discount code
Gettin'Off 4WD Club

Last edited by 4Crawler; 09-21-2005 at 10:53 AM.
4Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Another Chicago Welder Help

I came into a Chicago Welder Power Mig Model # 171/1
item # 36693. How do I get a complete book on this machine as it needs some work???
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
You can get the fuse from the home depot or radio shack for sure. They use these fuses in TV's as well. Here is where you can contact Chicago Electric for your welder -
http://www.chicagoelectric.com/contact/index.asp

Future upgrades:
OME Rear coils
Aussie Rear Locker
Custom Front Winch Bumper
cormel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Smile Ghicago Welder

Thanks Cormel for your help with this.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
101, 171, chicago, easy, easymig, electric, manual, mig, power, replacement, systemsparts, welder, welders, welding, wwwchicagoelectriccom