Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

Rock-It bed liner and Peel & Seal

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock-It bed liner and Peel & Seal

Howdy all. JR here from NC. I've been checkin out this excellent forum for a couple of weeks and have picked up some great info. Thought I should get on here, post-up, and try to give back a small bit of insight in hopes to save someone time and trouble.

I just bought an 88 4Runner and first job was to rip out the nasty carpet and spray bedliner throughout the cabin floor. I had to go the extra mile and put some sound/heat barrier in the floorboards first though, ... right? Didn't want to spend the bucks on Dynomat and heard good things about Peel & Seal - 16$ a roll at Lowes. Read the reviews HERE. Meticuliously cut, applied, cleaned, scotch-brited, wiped with clean shop towel, cleaned again, toweled again, and then applied SEM Rock-It Bedliner.
The Rock-It Bedliner laid down really nice and stuck everywhere excellently....

Everywhere ACCEPT where the the Peel & Seal was. Glad I just put the stuff in the front floor boards.

PEEL and seal....you would think the name would have given me a clue...

I'll say this... the asphalt/rubber layer under the aluminum foil does stick like mad.

Must have been some plastic layer sprayed on top of the foil layer or something.

Not slammin the SEM Rock-It Bed Liner... It works great.