Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

herculiner

Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
herculiner

I did my whole truck with this product, its been one year and Im about the product, so if some one is considering using it --do it but follow the directions, i found several light coats work the best.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM

Lets see a picture of that bad boy
Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trbizwiz
Lets see a picture of that bad boy
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

herc in rocks

Have you spent anytime in the rocks? Most people I encounter with any type of liner on their rig curse it. Ive seen the result of liner meets rock and the rocks dont lose. It seemes paint is easier to fix than liner, for things like bumpers and sliders that take alot of abuse
Old 01-18-2011, 03:30 PM

Herculiner

I just used Herculiner on the bed of my Double Cab and I think it came out great. Followed the directions really closely and put on two coats.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:09 PM

I was thinking of doing the interior floor with that instead of replacing the crappy carpet. Do you think it will work or will the smell be overpowering
Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 PM

I did it in the garage and the smell was pretty strong for a few days. However, it was cold and it might cure faster if it was warmer.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Thanks. I will be doing it over the summer. It is between Herculiner and that Al's liner stuff
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM

I have no experience with al's liner but have gotten nothing but compliments on the herculiner. People mistake it for spray in.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Just Learning
I did my whole truck with this product, its been one year and Im about the product, so if some one is considering using it --do it but follow the directions, i found several light coats work the best.
Yeah light coats work best. I have completely done the interior os my 85 xcab, 87 4runner, and 85 Crew cab chevy but that took 2 gallons. Just make sure the bolt holes are taped or plugged to anyone who forgets
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by bonnfamily
I just used Herculiner on the bed of my Double Cab and I think it came out great. Followed the directions really closely and put on two coats.

wow that looks really good! is it about 1/8 thick? i have my can just sitting there lol once this ugly rain gos away hawaii imma start haha
Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just something to keep in mind: If you are planning on using Herculiner or another similar product on the exterior of your vehicle, most of them don't come with a built in UV protectant. This means that over time the sun will cause the liner to fade and possibly crack. I know that some products do make a UV protectant topcoat, but it is just another step and more $$$.

I would recommend a product called Durabak. It has a built in UV protectant so it will not fade due to sun exposure. I used it on my hood and rocker panels and so far (about 6 months) it has held up to anything and everything I can throw at it and hasn't faded at all.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 4ever4running
Just something to keep in mind: If you are planning on using Herculiner or another similar product on the exterior of your vehicle, most of them don't come with a built in UV protectant. This means that over time the sun will cause the liner to fade and possibly crack. I know that some products do make a UV protectant topcoat, but it is just another step and more $$$.

I would recommend a product called Durabak. It has a built in UV protectant so it will not fade due to sun exposure. I used it on my hood and rocker panels and so far (about 6 months) it has held up to anything and everything I can throw at it and hasn't faded at all.
wow that looks really good! im planning just rollin on my herculiner in my bed and maybe my door jams... O.O" but later down the line i will just roll over that durabak! lol thanks for the info
Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfireat808
wow that looks really good! im planning just rollin on my herculiner in my bed and maybe my door jams... O.O" but later down the line i will just roll over that durabak! lol thanks for the info
Thanks man! You might want to check the Durabak website to see if it will adhere to a different bed liner like Herculiner. I would imagine that it would but you might want to check if it is something that you want to do in the future. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 PM

I coated the whole flooring of my 1988 4runner with Herculiner i have not had a single problem yet. only advise would be to use several coats and use gloves haha
Old 05-25-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4ever4running

that looks great, i've been planning on doing the grill, step bars, bumpers, and roll bar of my 87' in bedliner, and you just gave me an idea of what it's gonna look like! thank you! wow that stuff is expensive, how much did it take to do your hood and grill?

Last edited by yeehaw1; 05-25-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by yeehaw1
that looks great, i've been planning on doing the grill, step bars, bumpers, and roll bar of my 87' in bedliner, and you just gave me an idea of what it's gonna look like! thank you! wow that stuff is expensive, how much did it take to do your hood and grill?
Thanks! I'm glad that I can help. Yeah the Durabak is a little expensive but is definitely worth the extra $$ IMO. I think you will be surprised how far a gallon can go...I did 2 coats on the hood, grille, and rocker panels and I still had about a 1/4 gallon left over. I think that you will be able to get everything done with just a gallon.

Let us know how it goes and post some pics when you're done!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Hurculined whole truck as well

Striping off clear coat/paint with a "course" sanding pad. the hood was actually done a month prior to see if it I liked it. I used Rust-o-lium Spray liner in some of the hard to reach spots, like between the bed and cab.

3 light coats later

All & all I used almost a gallon, easy peezy if you take your time. As far as durability go I haven't had it out in the woods yet, however I have bounced a few sockets off the hood with no visiable marks left behind.