Product Reviews Post your reviews on automotive and expedition-camping gear here

Coverking neoprene seat covers

Old 05-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coverking neoprene seat covers

So I've been using an old set of Wet Okole's for my truck the last few years. They're on their way out so I decided to be daring and try a set of Coverking covers. Costco.com is the best place I've been able to get a good price and the good news is that non-members can purchase from there but with 5% increase in price. Or something like that.

Okay so I ordered them on 4/30 and they arrived today 5/5. Of course, I'm sure it helps that they're made in Anaheim which is about 20 minutes drive away from me.

First thing I noticed is that these covers are noticably lighter in weight than the Wet Okole's. Here are some picture I took during install:

Wet Ok up front, Coverking (Hereonafter "Ck") in the rear:
Name:  100_5495.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  36.3 KB

Flipping over the Ck and you can tell already that it's not quite as quality material:
Name:  100_5497.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  44.1 KB

Here's a good comparison of the width of the fabric on the Wet Ok's (yellowed cushion) vs. the Ck's (white cushion):
Name:  100_5499.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  100_5498.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  43.1 KB

Also another noticeable item is that it doesn't look like the Ck's will be as waterproof as the Wet Ok's were:
Name:  100_5500.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  76.2 KB

The Wet Ok's in the picture above had that smooth rubbery finish on the inner part of the cover vs. the Ck's which have a clothy finish.

Fitment is okay. I've heard stories of the Wet Ok's being really hard to get on because of their custom fit. The Ck's went on as easy as the 4+ year old Wet Ok's did. I'm not sure if that means I'm going to have problems with them in the future as the Wet Ok's do have the aforementioned rubber finish vs. the Ck's that do not.

Here's a side to side comparison:
Name:  100_5501.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  109.2 KB

All in all, I like these covers. You can definitely tell that they're cheaper quality but then again these are nearly half the price of Wet Okole's. I can't really comment much more on them since they've only just gotten installed in my truck but my 1st impression is that this is a good option if you want the custom fit look with durable material while making a good compromise with cost and quality.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM

did the wet ok's not come with headrest covers?

thanks for the writeup!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah they did but the Wet Ok's were not made specifically for my year Tacoma. The headrest covers didn't fit.

Sharp eyes
Old 05-05-2006, 06:08 PM

can you snap a pic from the rear of the seats too please? do they have the additional rear pocket for extra $?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

Ah yes, forgot about that.
Yeah, the do have the rear pockets and it was kind of a standard thing. I'm not sure if they're all that way but mine came with them. They're a bit loose though. I'll see if I can get pictures later.

EDIT:
Okay to elaborate on loose. They're not super-tight light like you would expect but the pocket will keep stuff in. I can really see them getting stretched out though.

Last edited by Tacoma Dude; 05-05-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:09 PM

cool thanks dude! I'm still not sure which ones I want. I do like the price of those Ck's though!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah the price is awesome. I don't expect on really getting wet and into my truck. Any spills I might have should be cleaned up before the fluid breaks through the surface tension (right terminology? I don't know) and soaks through.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Okay, just took some pictures.
Here's the back pocket as it was:
Name:  100_5516.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  19.9 KB

With stuff in it - I think you can see what I mean by picturing it stretched out:
Name:  100_5518.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  33.3 KB

I was wondering about water proof-ness and decided to have a little experiment:
Name:  100_5520.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  100_5522.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  31.2 KB

I let the water sit a little before wiping it up and then I felt the other side. It was dry
The smaller dribblings of water soaked into the fabric but cleaned up well with napkins with no affect to the underside.
I flipped the bottle of water upside down directly on to the cover and it felt wet pretty quickly. I guess as long as you don't let it sit TOO long or if you don't have a massive amount of water with some kind of pressure you don't need to worry about the moisture. I think climbing into the truck with wet clothes would be bad but wet swim clothes that have been toweled off should be okay. I can see the fabric holding up the majority of the moisture and the actual seats just getting a little damp.

The thing to be really concerned with though is where the water will flow to. The surface of the covers really allows the water to travel to the lowest point.

Still worth it IMO.
For a little over the price of a set of front seats from Wet Ok I've got the entire front and back covered

Last edited by Tacoma Dude; 05-05-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:50 AM

So, if you did the same water experiment on the wet ok's, how water ressistant would you say they are?
Old 05-06-2006, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must be nicing having back seats! I wouldn't even bother covering the jumpseats in the back of my xtended-cab...nobody ever sits on them, and with good reason...they SUCK!!
Oh, and the covers look great man! I never could convince myself to cough up the price of a Viair system for a set of WetOkole seat covers...although I visited their website and customized 'em just how I wanted them, then had my finger on the button a couple times before, lol. I'll check out CoverKing, despite their lame name...

Last edited by spindleshanks; 05-06-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

I just tried the same experiment on the Wet Ok's and they pass with flying colors. Absolutely no water as I held a Snapple bottle half filled with water upside down on the cover for about 1 minute.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:18 AM
ema

I have been swayed by this thread to check out coverking dealers for their seat covers. Gladly, I saw this coverking seat covers which are around $192. I'd still inquire if that is for a set or each. What do you think? Thanks for future responses.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:38 AM

I know this is an old thread but I'm almost ready to buy myself some coverkings, and wanted to find out how these have worn? How do you like them in cold weather and hot weather? Especially, how well would the neoprene hold up to a dog walking and shedding on them? Easy to vacuum or not?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 AM

Cover King

I too realize this is an old thread, but i have made my decision to try the Cover Kings based on it. I was having a hard time finding reviews with solid info, thanks Toyotadude if you are still around. I'll post my findings for my 2010 access cab later.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 PM

Cover king

Nice covers, Im gettin some of those wonderful price. It is hard to find covers for the rear seat of my 4runner that fit right so maybee these will.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:02 AM

Coverking seat cover armrest cover

Hi-

i got the CK covers too, for my 2001 Tacoma X-cab. The seats work great but I cannot figure out how to put the arm rest cover on and cust. service is no help. I have the 60/40 split with the opening armrest.

Any help appreciated!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by tiredandwired
Hi-

i got the CK covers too, for my 2001 Tacoma X-cab. The seats headrest monitors work great but I cannot figure out how to put the arm rest cover on and cust. service is no help. I have the 60/40 split with the opening armrest.

Any help appreciated!
Same here, I have been having problems.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:08 PM

They are liars. they finally admitted that it has no relationship to the armrests of our trucks. They assured me this was the first time this had come up and that they would stop including the armrest cover on their web site and correct the problem immediately....but not until after they had me send many pictures, told they had installed many of these...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 AM

Been looking for another set of wet oks but if these are cheaper I'm def interested. Never heard of them until now
Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't offer the cheapest price, but I do custom seat covers (at least for my own rigs so far....) for a fair price. I have a lot of experience in the sewing department and own several industrial machines and am willing to do custom projects (top quality you can be assured, I sew the crap out of everything) if anyone wants something specific that they cannot find.

I will try to remember to hit this thread up again with some pics of my seat covers I did for my taco and I'm almost finished with my noepreme/ballistic cordura covers in my 4runner, just started today. I found a dead ringer 'Toyota' grey in ballistic nylon that absolutely ROCKS, especially with some neopreme. and pockets on the back of course....

I do tactical gear as a second job:

www.amicktactical.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coverking neoprene seat covers