Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Uwharrie 7/05

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uwharrie 7/05

Scott (Stump1883) and i decided we needed a dirt and rock fix and it was about time to test out my SAS almost a year and three months after i did it (yes i really did take that long to get it offroad, and yes it is sad) so here are the very few pictures from the brief ~2 hour trip through the one trail we tried. With only two trucks and the day being cut short by my leaking radiator there werent many to choose from unfortunatly.

First real ostacle of the day, being attempted by the ONE other truck seen on the trails all day. Looks fairly easy from this angle. . .

Viewed from the other side it becomes clear where the difficulty comes from, the jeep has no lockers so it got high centered after the front wheels cleared the rocks and was unable to complete the obstacle.

The side before the rocks was dug out pretty deep so ground clearance was at a premium. On my attempt i didnt get enough initial momentum b/c i was scared to bash up my brand new exhaust which hangs lower than my skid plate at its lowest point (getting moved this winter, I have to cut and rework part of the frame crossmember). Turns out i didnt touch the underbelly at all and could have likely made it with some initial velocity to fight the wheels only spinning on the slick muddy rocks. Having 4WD would have made it easy for my truck, you will notice in later pictures i have no front shaft due to budget limitations at this point. I'm in college, i have to eat too you know

It was here my upper radiator hose got cut by my accesory belt due to my poor choice in radiator mounting. Another thing to fix up right in the future. We duct taped it up enough to hold pressure and moved on to the end of the trail.

Moving along the trail we only stopped to take pictures at one other point, although there were plently of fun obstacles to play on in the interim. With more people the moving would have been slowed considerably and therefore more pictures taken, so again i say that this is all we have, but the trip was much more than the pictures represent, even for only 2 hours of riding.
Time for a little bit of mud, even though i had initially promised myself i would stay out of the sticky stuff

Mud. . . . sooooo . . . slippery. Again, 4WD would have helped alot.

Mmmmm flex

I hope you enjoyed my brief picture show. Heres two mediocre pictures of scott. We had planned on doing some more difficult trails before the trip got cut short so i wasnt taking alot of pictures.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Posers! No one can say anything to me about modding and not wheeling...you are the in that category!

Old 07-31-2005, 06:03 PM

Get your junk fixed so we can wheel.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4RocRunner92
Get your junk fixed so we can wheel.

i know, i know. I'll keep working on it.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM

Yesssssssssssssssssss
Old 08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice flexx. I cant wait to wheel in NC!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Posers! No one can say anything to me about modding and not wheeling...you are the in that category!

Posers, yeah right you can at least see my rig in the dirt and rocks. Now who was it that came to Tellico and had the campground queen/landmark?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:23 PM

4rocnc time a group meet i would to meet yall.when and where. jason ready for some local trails.pm or call me