Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Paragon 01-13-07

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paragon 01-13-07

For all you picture Whores of Yotatech!!!

So this was the First true Tail Trip for both Tess and I.
We went to Paragon Off-Road Adventure Park in Hazelton PA.
It was me with Tess, A Friend In A Jeep Grand Cherokee With a 2" Lit and Wrangler MTs, and another Freind with a Skyjacker Lift with Wrangler MT/Rs.
One of the Passengers in the Heeps wanted to Drive Mine, I quickly got pissed and sent him on his way...

And Hour In Going up This Hill....
Which I did with ease and supprised them all!!

The Heeps had some issues...
The Grand Cherokee Flew up the hill and nailed a rock getting a hole in his front driverside tire...

The other didn't realizes that he was burning oil and almost seized his engine...

So the First Hour was spent me watching the dumbs and dummers of the group going woops I should follow what the YOTA does...

So Now you can all be happy!
I have tons of Photos Here!
Do any shot of my Yota have a chance at nect years Calender Maybe?

EDIT: Vid To Come!

UPDATE: Here is the vid!
First time editing and such so bear with me...
Most of the footage showsmost of the more fun stuff I guess...
Enjoy!
Paragon 01-13-07

Last edited by YotaFun; 01-14-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
wow, excellent pics and that looks like a great area. howd the ole 4runner hold up?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks like you guys had fun
Old 01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
wow, excellent pics and that looks like a great area. howd the ole 4runner hold up?
Thanks!
She Held Up Outstandingly!!
I didn't get any damge or have any issues while I was out!
The Heeps on the other hand did...
I just to my time, I am a very calculating driver (since it is my DD as well I didn't want to go screwin anything)
But I went throught what the heeps went through, some with more ease then the heeps
And they had a Mud-Terrian type tire while I was ridin All-Terians!

It is all in the Driver, One of the heeps switched dirver and ended up doin alot better than witht he previous driver (likes the skinny pedal a little to much and just really isn't made for a stick...)

But Tess Ruled!!
It went through stuff, that I thought I would get stuck in or have trouble, with ease!
I really underestimated her...
I feel really bad that I did...
But I Know what my yota can do now!!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Looks like you had fun. Cool.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

Wow,lotsa pics and it looks like wet,muddy fun.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

And again vids later!

Well I know yotatech and I figured, first true trail trip, def need lots of photos lol!

Last edited by YotaFun; 01-13-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:14 AM

dude, that place looks like lots of fun, ive been wanting to there for awhile now, i just havent gotten around to doing it. after seeing this i definitly want to go there soon. did you get stuck or run into any problems on the trails you went on?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
wow man looks like yall had a blast. I really want to take the runner up there and do some wheeling. Nice pics, cant wait until the vid is up!!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 1stgenrnrdude
dude, that place looks like lots of fun, ive been wanting to there for awhile now, i just havent gotten around to doing it. after seeing this i definitly want to go there soon. did you get stuck or run into any problems on the trails you went on?
Nope Never Got Stuck
I had some sligl]ht clearence issues here and there witht he Hitch but other than that I had no Trouble!
The Heep on the other had did have issues here and there, they didn't get stuck, they just had difficulty doing some of the obsticles.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM

That's cool man! I really want to go up there this year for the 4Runner Jamboree.. Hopefully I'll make some money before then Nice pics though.. Can't wait to see the vids!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by amgraham
That's cool man! I really want to go up there this year for the 4Runner Jamboree.. Hopefully I'll make some money before then Nice pics though.. Can't wait to see the vids!
I forgot that they had teh 4Runner Jamboree...
Yeah I am nopw falt broke after that trip...

Vids On it's way, Just trying to fiugre a good song to put in it!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:50 PM

damn, i wish i was working i would have made the trip, i have been wanting to go since i got the truck...but the truck needs a lil more work until i feel comfortable doing that level of offroading, not that it is hardcore at all, but i need extended breathers, etc...stuff i dont wanna do in the winter...if your looking to schedule another trip for end of winter time, lemme know, id love to get the truck down and dirty
Old 01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91TPU
damn, i wish i was working i would have made the trip, i have been wanting to go since i got the truck...but the truck needs a lil more work until i feel comfortable doing that level of offroading, not that it is hardcore at all, but i need extended breathers, etc...stuff i dont wanna do in the winter...if your looking to schedule another trip for end of winter time, lemme know, id love to get the truck down and dirty
Oh Yeah, Def!
Where are you located?
And hey, if your truck isn't done, you can still come for a rid and see what it will be like when it is ready!

Update: Hopefully another 50 min and the Vid will be up!
Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

UPDATE:
Okay vid is delayed cause it was just 1MB over the standard for youtube (6 over photobucket...)
I will be up some time tonight...
Old 01-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vF9K9fewKE

Here is the vid, I also posted the link in the first post, but with all those pics you might miss it so
Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! Any reason to bash Jeeps. To be frank...the drivers suck. The Wrangler needs to learn how to wheel with a stick. The ZJ needs to take his freaking time. I have the exact same set-up on my ZJ(2"BB) and could have done that way better. Its not the Jeeps it is the drivers.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RedRunner_87
Wow! Any reason to bash Jeeps. To be frank...the drivers suck. The Wrangler needs to learn how to wheel with a stick. The ZJ needs to take his freaking time. I have the exact same set-up on my ZJ(2"BB) and could have done that way better. Its not the Jeeps it is the drivers.
Normally I woudl agree with you 100%
But they switched drivers and even then while they wer better in some places they still had some issues...
I think it's because they threw everything together in a week and didn't test it out...
There were other jeeps on the trials that day, and they looked great!
Didn't mean to bash them so much, but if there set-ups were just a little tighter I think the day would have been better as for that hill climb john and jake are borthers, and they seem to share there driving skills

Dereck and Pete took over ther rigs later and did what they could and did a way better job but still had some issues.

All in all i am sorry for the jeep bashing now that i review my vid and see that i am very bias...
Old 01-14-2007, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its cool...just that bashing was kinda uncalled for in this video. I go out with my friend with a 05 4Runner w/3" lift. He can do some stuff...I can do some stuff. Be we are equals. IDK...yotatech has a big Jeep bashing thing, just don't understand it. Both are very capable...ZJ's to 4Runner's. Both have their pluses and minuses...lets just wheel! I used to be one them I admit(Jeep basher), but since I got my Jeep(step-dad's decision), I have grown to love it. Wanted a 1st gen again but he bought me a Jeep.

EDIT: Nice video...looks like a pretty sweet park. I would def want to hit that up if I was closer.

Last edited by RedRunner_87; 01-14-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by RedRunner_87
Its cool...just that bashing was kinda uncalled for in this video. I go out with my friend with a 05 4Runner w/3" lift. He can do some stuff...I can do some stuff. Be we are equals. IDK...yotatech has a big Jeep bashing thing, just don't understand it. Both are very capable...ZJ's to 4Runner's. Both have their pluses and minuses...lets just wheel!
Yeah i am learning, really i am to get that jeep bashin gene out of my system.
I agree each has it's own, I think the Zj would have been a little betterin this case if he had tuned that engine of his and fixed his t-case issue...

Quick Reply: Paragon 01-13-07